Spring into the new year by trying something different, challenging yourself while expanding your horizons. Why not run for an open office in the PSPA? It’s also a great way to become involved in the society, not to mention it looks good on your resume! The PSPA will be holding elections for several seats/offices this April and May.
The positions open this year are:
- President Elect (1 open position)
- Representative to AAPA House of Delegates (3 open positions)
- Director at Large (2 open positions)
- Student Director at Large (2 open positions)
- Only junior and senior students may apply for the student director-at-large position. This is a one year term.
- Any fellow member in good standing may run for the other positions.
- Most offices hold a two-year term beginning on July 1. The exception is for president-elect which will hold a four year term. One year as president-elect, two years as president, and one year as immediate past president.
- Detailed job descriptions can also be found by clicking here.
If you have an interest in running for an office/position/seat -OR- would like to nominate a candidate, please submit the documents detailed below for your candidacy or submit the nominee member’s name to Chad Jackson, PA-C, Elections Chair, 710 Grom Hill Road, Coudersport, PA 16915, or you may email Chad the information and documents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) letter of intent,
(2) brief biographical profile,
(3) platform statement, 300 words or less,
(4) small color photo of your head and shoulders.
Students, you only have to submit a platform statement and picture by March 15th for elections in April. Please submit all fellow nominations by April 15th (that’s right, income tax day!) for elections in May.
Please don’t be shy; this is a good way for you to become a more active member within the PSPA. Let the rest of us see what you have been thinking, or how you want to contribute to this wonderful society. For those of you who are already active, don’t be afraid to try something new. I know, most of us work and have families and children, and an endless list of other obligations; but most positions require less then 10 hours of your time a month and it gives you a chance to see how your ideas can make a difference within the society. I am looking forward to an exciting election this year!