The purpose of this committee is to develop and maintain the leadership potential of past, current and future leaders within the PSPA as well as establish a mentoring program for new or potential leaders.
Interested in becoming involved with PSPA leadership?
PSPA Leadership Academy
New in 2019! PSPA is launching their first ever Leadership Academy. This is a 12 session, web-based course designed to offer a career development opportunity for PAs who are looking to develop their leadership skills.
Enrollment in the Academy opens at the Annual Conference through December 31st. The sessions are held in the evenings via Go To Meeting and are recorded for participants to review if they are unable to attend live. Participants will receive a certificate of completion and will be recognized at the Leadership Forum during the Annual Conference. All hours of participation can be claimed as Category II CME.
- Module 1: PSPA Leadership Basics– This will offer an introduction to the Academy and a deep dive into the many leadership opportunities in PSPA.
- Click here to preview the initial Leadership Academy session.
- Module 2: Pennsylvania Legislative Landscape– A look at the history and evolution of the PA practice in Pennsylvania and how change occurs.
- Module 3: The Nitty-Gritty-Reimbursement, Compliance and Credentialing-Introduce PA leaders to the details that affect their daily practice.
- Module 4: Leading the Way and Implementing Change– This final module will focus on putting Leadership skills into practice through
Student Internship Program
The Leadership and Mentoring Committee is pleased to announce a new Student Internship program that will begin this summer. The purpose of this internship program is to foster involvement from PA students in the PSPA and help identify future PA leaders. Thus far, the following committees have indicated that they have an interest in having a student intern: Leadership and Mentoring Committee, Standing Rules and Policy Committee, Conference Committee, Membership Committee, History Committee, Finance Committee, Regional Affairs Committee and Government Affairs Committee. Please stay tuned for more information to come regarding available internships which will be advertised on the PSPA website and Constant Contact. If you are interested in participating in an internship or know someone who may be interested please send an email to Nicole Theofanis (Nicole.email@example.com) or Jen Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org).