The purpose of this committee is to develop and maintain the leadership potential of past, current and future leaders within the PSPA as well as establish a mentoring program for new or potential leaders.
Interested in becoming involved with PSPA leadership?
PSPA Leadership Academy
PSPA is accepting applications for the 2023 Leadership Academy. This is a 12 session, web-based course designed to offer a career development opportunity for PAs who are looking to strengthen their leadership skills.
Please note that the registration deadline for the 2023 Leadership Academy has been extended to December 31, 2022.
Enrollment in the Academy opens at the Annual Conference through December 31st. The sessions are held in the evenings via Go To Meeting and are recorded for participants to review if they are unable to attend live. Participants will receive a certificate of completion and will be recognized at the Leadership Forum during the Annual Conference. All hours of participation can be claimed as Category II CME.
- Module 1: PSPA Leadership Basics– This will offer an introduction to the Academy and a deep dive into the many leadership opportunities in PSPA.
- Module 2: Pennsylvania Legislative Landscape– A look at the history and evolution of the PA practice in Pennsylvania and how change occurs.
- Module 3: The Nitty-Gritty-Reimbursement, Compliance and Credentialing-Introduce PA leaders to the details that affect their daily practice.
- Module 4: Leading the Way and Implementing Change– This final module will focus on putting Leadership skills into practice by identifying personal leadership styles for yourself and those you collaborate with to accomplish a successful outcome.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the PA profession, specifically in Pennsylvania by reviewing the history of legislation in Pennsylvania and the function of the PSPA.
- Participants will be able to improve their personal leadership skills by engaging in lectures, small group discussions, web-based communities and book clubs about leaderships styles and skills.
- Participants will be able to build and execute their leadership skills by participating in volunteer opportunities in PSPA such as Hill Day and committee membership.
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY APPLICATION
Student Internship Program
The Leadership and Mentoring Committee is pleased to announce a student internship program for the PSPA. All current PA students are eligible to be interns. Student interns would assist in projects with various PSPA committees including the Leadership Committee, Conference Committee, Membership Committee, History Committee, Finance Committee, Regional Affairs Committee, Social Medial Committee and Government Affairs Committee. If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity please send an email to Nicole.email@example.com.
STUDENT INTERNSHIP APPLICATION