The 2022 PSPA Annual Charity: Persad Center
The PSPA contact for the Host City Charity is Rebecca Baldwin, PA-C, at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persad Center is a licensed mental health center that serves the LGBTQ+ and HIV/AIDS communities in Western Pennsylvania. Their services include counseling, substance abuse treatment, HIV/AIDS treatment and support, and programs for LGBTQ+ seniors. They run a food pantry in addition to providing individuals with financial assistance, bus tickets, clothing, and hygiene products. The Persad Center also works in outreach and advocacy aimed to resolve problems faced by the LGBTQ+ and HIV/AIDS communities. Check out their website: https://www.persadcenter.org/.
At the conference in November, we will be collecting items and monetary donations.
Persad Center Needs List:
- Shelf-stable canned food (including fruits, vegetables, soups, tuna, chicken, beans)
- Pasta noodles and sauce, Easy Mac
- Peanut butter
- Snack foods (cheez its, goldfish, fruit snacks, granola bars, etc)
- Soup (including ramen noodles & vegetarian options)
- Oatmeal, breakfast cereal
- Rice, quinoa
- Coffee, tea
- Multicultural/ethnic specific hygiene items (soap, moisturizer, shampoo, lotion)
- Hand sanitizer
- Skin cream/lotion, lip balm
- Household cleaners, dish soap, etc.
- Laundry detergent, dryer sheets
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissues)
- Socks, Underwear
- Sweatpants, sweatshirts, t-shirts
- Hats, gloves
- Pet supplies include dog/cat food, kitty litter
Thank you in advance for your continuous support of the PSPA charities!