To maintain and improve the existing PSPA technology efforts including but not limited to website, computers, monitors, printers Including virtual meeting software / CME conference software, Board of Directors meeting software, PSPA committee meeting software.
- Improve communications with members, nonmembers, the public, legislators and other health professionals through the use of various forms of media.
- Generate revenue through increased efficiency and increased awareness, renewal of products, and dissemination of information for the PSPA.
- Direct the purchase and improvements of PSPA related technology, as described in the Purpose of the committee.
- The Committee shall consist of a chairperson appointed by the president and approved by the Board of Directors.
- The committee shall consist of PSPA members appointed by the chairperson,
- The Treasurer will serve as the board advisor to the committee.
- The President and Secretary are ex-officio members of the committee.
COMMITTEE CHAIR JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be a PSPA member in good standing.
- Appoint committee members.
- Appoint one member of the committee to serve as the co-chair. The vice-chair’s responsibility will be to assist the chair with all the functions of the committee as well as be prepared to take over the committee in the event that the chairperson is unable to complete the functions of the committee.
- Submit a written, quarterly committee report to the Board at least 2 weeks prior to each Board of Directors Meeting.
- Act as a liaison between the Society and technology vendors.
- Estimated time needed to fulfill the duties of this position is 6-8 hours per month in addition to the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Attend at least three (3) Board of Directors’ Meetings per year. This can include virtual or telephonic attendance.
- Make technology advancement recommendations / proposals to the Board of Directors when appropriate.
- Submit a proposed budget to the treasurer as per the Treasurer’s deadline.
- Submit a yearly committee report two weeks prior to the annual CME Conference and General Membership meeting..
- Oversee all expenses by the committee.
- Participate in the development of the PSPA Action Plan.
COMMITTEE MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be a PSPA member in good standing.
- Participate in committee activities or meetings, complete assigned tasks, and report progress regularly (at least monthly) to chairperson by verbal, written or electronic means.
- Estimated time necessary to fulfill the duties of this position is 3-4 hours per month.
- Expenses for committee business are reimbursable if approved by the committee chairperson.
- Shall abide by all PSPA and AAPA bylaws and policies.
- Must have Board approval to enter into any legal or financial agreement on behalf of the Society.
- Share in media development and production for the Society in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the Board Administrator.
- Review current technology uses periodically for appropriateness and efficiency in conjunction with the Board Administrator.
- Coordinate updates of website and technology media with outside vendor when the need arises.
- Participate in the research and recommendations of Society technology media purchases.
- Budget, disburse and account for those funds allocated to the committee for the administrative function of the committee.
A 2-month notice of resignation is requested of the chairperson. It is also recommended that the outgoing chairperson supply the names of two physician assistants that could step into the position, if possible. The resigning chairperson should submit all files and copies of the correspondence regarding the committee’s activities to the new chairperson or to the Board Advisor for the committee.
Approved 7/2011; Reviewed/Revised 7/25/15; 7/23/16: 11/1/22