To encourage and maintain student and faculty participation in the PSPA as well as to educate students and PA program personnel as to the purpose of the PSPA.
- Develop and maintain a student and faculty affairs committee.
- Maintain liaison with the PA training programs in the commonwealth.
- Keep the PA Program and student contact lists updated.
- Work with the Awards committee to solicit candidates for the Nathaniel Alston Student Scholarship Award.
- Develop and maintain a computer-based presentation to disseminate PSPA information.
- Ensure student advocacy.
- The committee shall consist of a chairperson or chairpersons appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Directors.
- The committee shall consist of PSPA members appointed by the chairperson.
- The Student Directors-at-Large will serve as Board oversight and members of the committee.
- The President is an ex-officio member of the committee.
COMMITTEE CHAIR JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be a PSPA member in good standing.
- Appoint committee members.
- Appoint one member of the committee to serve as the vice-chair. The vice-chair’s responsibility will be to assist the chair with all the functions of the committee as well as be prepared to take over the committee in the unlikely event that the chairperson is unable to complete the functions of the committee.
- Develop and maintain a contact tree.
- Submit a written, quarterly committee report to the Board at least 2 weeks prior to each Board of Directors’ meeting.
- Monitor and update student and faculty affairs section on website on a regular basis.
- Estimated time needed to fulfill the duties of this position is 6 hours per month in addition to the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Attend at least three (3) Board of Directors’ meetings per year.
- Make policy recommendations to the Board of Directors’ when appropriate.
- Submit articles to the PSPA NEWS when appropriate.
- Submit a proposed budget to the Treasurer in March of each year.
- Submit a yearly committee report for the PSPA membership.
- Oversee all expenses by the committee.
- Oversee all projects involving student participation.
- Participate in the development of the PSPA Action Plan.
COMMITTEE MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be a PSPA member in good standing.
- Participate in committee activities, complete assigned tasks, and communicate regularly (at least monthly) to chairperson by verbal, written or electronic means.
- Attend the meeting held at the annual conference.
- Estimated time necessary to fulfill the duties of this position is 4-6 hours per month.
- Expenses for committee business are reimbursable if approved by the committee chairperson.
- Shall abide by all PSPA and AAPA bylaws and policies.
- Must have Board approval to enter into any legal or financial agreement on behalf of the Society.
- Advocate for future Student Directors-at-Large with the help of the Elections Committee.
- Encourage student and faculty involvement in the PSPA interests.
- Disseminate information to PA students and faculty in an efficient manner.
- Develop PA Program faculty contact lists.
- Organize the annual Student Challenge Bowl at the annual conference.
- Maintain close contact with the Student Directors-at-Large.
- Submit articles to the PSPA NEWS regarding student issues.
- Develop a Student Forum and Faculty Forum to be held at the annual conference.
- Oversee the Poster presentations at the annual conference.
- Budget, disburse and account for those funds allocated to the committee for the administrative function of the committee.
A 2-month notice of resignation is requested of the chairperson. It is also recommended that the outgoing chairperson supply the names of two physician assistants that could step into the position, if possible. The resigning chairperson should submit all files and copies of the correspondence regarding the committee’s activities to the new chairperson or to the Board Advisor for the committee.
Approved 1/13/01; Reviewed/Revised 11/1/22