To provide guidelines for members communicating with PSPA related social media tools and online communities, encompassing all social media platforms that the PSPA officially uses.
- Assure communications are consistent with AAPA Guidelines for Ethical Conduct concerning privacy, confidentiality, copyright and trademarks.
- Assure uses of PSPA social media outlets are appropriate and that communications are accurate.
- Have members’ personal opinions indicate their views and opinions are independent of PSPA are in no way endorsed by the PSPA .
- The Committee shall consist of a chairperson appointed by the president and approved by the Board of Directors.
- The committee shall consist of PSPA members appointed by the chairperson
- The treasurer will serve as the board advisor to the committee.
- The President is an ex-officio member of the committee.
- The secretary is an ex-officio member of the committee
COMMITTEE CHAIR JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be a PSPA member in good standing.
- Appoint committee members.
- Appoint one member of the committee to serve as the co-chair. The vice-chair’s responsibility will be to assist the chair with all the functions of the committee as well as be prepared to take over the committee in the event that the chairperson is unable to complete the functions of the committee.
- Manage the PSPA social media presence on all PSPA officially used social media sites.
- Support and protect globally recognized brand by ensuring positive messaging is maintained in the PSPA community.
- Manage online discussions and respond as appropriate and monitor / track discussion topics for PSPA.
- Submit a written, quarterly committee report to the Board at least 2 weeks prior to each Board of Directors Meeting.
- Estimated time needed to fulfill the duties of this position is 5-10 hours per month in addition to the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Attend at least three (3) Board of Directors’ Meetings per year, in person or via virtual / telephonic means
- Make policy recommendations to the Board of Directors when appropriate.
- Submit at least one article per issue of the PSPA NEWS.
- Submit a proposed budget to the treasurer as per the deadline given by the Treasurer.
- Submit a yearly committee report for the PSPA membership.
- Oversee all expenses by the committee.
- Participate in the development of the PSPA Action Plan.
COMMITTEE MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be a PSPA member in good standing.
- Participate in committee activities, complete assigned tasks, and report progress regularly to chairperson by verbal, written or electronic means.
- Monitor social media platforms as assigned by chairperson.
- Participate in maintaining a PSPA presence on social media.
- Estimated time necessary to fulfill the duties of this position is 5 hours per month.
- Expenses for committee business are reimbursable if approved by the committee chairperson.
- Shall abide by all PSPA and AAPA bylaws and policies.
- Must have Board approval to enter into any legal or financial agreement on behalf of the Society.
- Launch official PSPA social media platforms.
- Manage communication and positively support PSPA efforts.
- Track social media discussions for topics pertinent to PSPA or PA practice, especially if “Pennsylvania” is specifically brought up in the online discussion.
- Budget, disburse and account for those funds allocated to the committee for the administrative function of the committee.
A 2-month notice of resignation is requested of the chairperson. It is also recommended that the outgoing chairperson supply the names of two physician assistants that could step into the position, if possible. The resigning chairperson should submit all files and copies of the correspondence regarding the committee’s activities to the new chairperson or to the Board Advisor for the committee.
Approved ?; Reviewed/Revised 7/23/16; 11/1/22