To recognize Physician Assistants and/or contributors that have enhanced the Physician Assistant image through outstanding service to their community, the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants and/or the Physician Assistant profession.
- Determine recipients for Physician Assistant of the Year, Humanitarian Physician Assistant of the Year, Physician Assistant Educator of the Year, Michael J. Habeck Lifetime Achievement, Physician+PA TEAM, and the Nathaniel Alston Student Achievement Awards.
- On an intermittent basis, recognize other physician assistants and contributors to the profession.
- The committee shall consist of a chairperson appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Directors.
- The committee shall consist of PSPA members appointed by the chairperson.
- A Director at large, assigned by the President, will serve as the Board Advisor to the committee.
- The President is an ex-officio member of the committee.
COMMITTEE CHAIR JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be an eligible PSPA member in good standing
- Appoint committee members
- Appoint one member of the committee to serve as the vice-chair. The vice-chair’s responsibility will be to assist the chair with all the functions of the committee as well as be prepared to take over the committee in the unlikely event that the chairperson is unable to complete the functions of the committee.
- Submit a written, quarterly committee report to the Board at least 2 weeks prior to each Board of Directors Meeting.
- Monitor and update the awards information on website on a regular basis.
- Estimated time needed to fulfill the duties of this position is 2-3 hours per month in addition to the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Attend at least three (3) Board of Directors’ Meetings per year.
- Make policy recommendations to the Board of Directors’ when appropriate.
- Submit a proposed budget to the Treasurer in March of each year.
- Submit a yearly committee report for the PSPA membership.
- Oversee all expenses by the committee.
- Participate in the development of the PSPA Action Plan.
COMMITTEE MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be a PSPA member in good standing.
- Participate in the awards process, complete assigned tasks, and report progress regularly to chairperson regularly by verbal, written or electronic means.
- Estimated time needed to fulfill the duties of this position is 1 hour per month.
- Expenses for committee business are reimbursable if approved by the committee chairperson.
- Shall abide by all PSPA and AAPA bylaws and policies.
- Must have Board approval to enter into any legal or financial agreement on behalf of the Society.
- Encourage nominations for awards.
- Evaluate the award nominations.
- Present the awards at the annual conference.
- Encourage nominations for AAPA awards.
- Budget, disburse and account for those funds allocated to the committee for the administrative function of the committee.
A 2-month notice of resignation is requested of the chairperson. It is also recommended that the outgoing chairperson supply the names of two physician assistants that could step into the position, if possible. The resigning chairperson should submit all files and copies of the correspondence regarding the committee’s activities to the new chairperson or to the Board Advisor for the committee.
Reviewed/Revised 9/30/08; 7/25/15; 7/23/16